Questions Psy Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
ed the playoffs, he told me Be ready
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message ed the playoffs, he told me Be ready 
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Although Stephane Robidas isnt a flashy player, the sturdy defenceman could be exactly what the high-flying Anaheim Ducks need in their Stanley Cup chase. The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for a conditional fourth-round pick in this years draft. The overall NHL leaders made three deals on the day before the leagues trade deadline, shaking up their roster with 20 games left in the regular season. Anaheim also sent backup goalie Viktor Fasth to Edmonton and shipped forward Dustin Penner to Washington. Although the 37-year-old Robidas wont return from a broken leg for at least two more weeks, the Ducks were eager to acquire a hard-nosed veteran with superior passing skills and a nasty edge to his game. Theyre all attributes Anaheim could use in its attempt to back up its outstanding regular season with playoff success. The Ducks lead the NHL with 91 points and three straight victories heading into Wednesdays game against Montreal, but theyve won just one playoff series since winning their franchises only Stanley Cup title in 2007. Robidas knew he probably didnt have a future with the Stars, who havent discussed a contract extension with him. When he heard Anaheim was interested, he jumped at the chance to play in the post-season for the first time since 2008, when Dallas eliminated the defending champion Ducks in the first round. "Were going for a Stanley Cup, and thats what Ive been waiting for for a long time," said Robidas, who is joining his fourth NHL club. "I think its a great opportunity for me, and Im just very excited for the chance the Ducks are giving me." Robidas hasnt played since breaking his leg against Chicago on Nov. 29 while crashing into the boards behind the net, but he has been participating extensively in practice. He had four goals and one assist in 24 games for the Stars this season. "Everything has been going really well," Robidas said of his recovery. "Ive just got a few little things I need to get a little more comfortable." Robidas should add experience and toughness to a defence that has spent the entire season without veteran Sheldon Souray, who got hurt in summer training. Robidas should be familiar to some Ducks fans from that 2008 playoff series in which Anaheims Todd Marchant accidentally broke Robidas nose with the puck -- and Robidas returned to the game shortly afterward. "Thats how I play," Robidas said. "Im not a finesse player. I know my role. I know what I need to do. I know how I need to play, and Im not going to change the way Ive been playing. Im going to be the same player, and I think thats why they came and they got me." Robidas is seventh in Dallas club history with 704 games played. He has 211 points in two stints with Dallas, his home for all but 45 NHL games since 2002. The draft pick acquired by the Stars becomes a third-rounder if the Ducks reach the Western Conference finals and Robidas plays in half their playoff games. Falcons Jerseys Outlet . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. Ito Smith Jersey . Eller said the Oilers were a "junior team" that was "all over the place" before Edmontons 4-3 victory over Montreal on Tuesday night, Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins took offence to Ellers comments and used it to motivate his youthful team. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseyschina.com/calvin-ridley-jersey/. Quarterback Drew Willy appeared to injure his throwing hand on the third last play of practice Thursday. Brett Favre Jersey .James scored 29 points, including 16 in the first quarter, and the Cleveland Cavaliers broke a four-game losing streak with a 106-74 win over the Orlando Magic on Monday night. Isaiah Oliver Jersey .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position.PORTLAND, Ore. -- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich took pains to make sure guard Tony Parker was well rested for the playoffs. "I barely played in April," Parker said. "I was joking with Pop if I was still with the Spurs." The break has paid off. Parker scored 29 points and San Antonio took a 3-0 lead in its Western Conference semifinal series against the Portland Trail Blazers with a 118-103 victory on Saturday night. Parker has scored 29 or more points in three of his last four playoff games. He had 20 points in the first half alone in Game 3 against Portland. "Hes been the engine for us," Popovich said. "He started out really well tonight. He made shots, he involved everybody else. He was playing great D at the other end. Hes really playing a whole complete game." The Spurs led by as many as 23 points in the first half, building a big early lead just as they had in the first two games of the series in San Antonio. "I think it just happened," Parker said of the third straight game with a big jump on Portland. "We just wanted to come in and have a good start, take care of the ball and play good defence like we did at home." The teams meet again on Monday night at the Moda Center. LaMarcus Aldridge had 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Portland, which pulled within eight points in the third quarter but couldnt get any closer. The Blazers were hurt by 15 turnovers and only six points from their bench. "Theyre just persistent," Aldridge said. "They play championship basketball and thats what we have to get to." No NBA team has come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a seven-game series. In 2003, the Blazers rebounded with three wins after dropping the first three against Dallas, but ultimately lost the first-round series deciding game. San Antonio, the top seed in the West, is vying for a second straight trip to the finals: Last season the Spurs fell to the Miami Heat in seven games. The winner of the series goes on to meet the winner of the conference semifinal between Oklahoma City and the Clippers. The Thunder lead that series 2-1. San Antonio has dominated this one. On Thursday night, the Spurs built a 20-point lead and won 114-97. The Spurs routed the Blazers 116-92 in the series opener after a hard-fought seven-game series against the Dallas Mavericks. The Blazers were without reserve guard Mo Williams, who has a groin injury. Williams played just 9 minutes in Game 2, and the Spurs backups outscored Portlands 50-19.dddddddddddd. Williams has consistently brought a spark and leadership off the bench the whole season, and has capably filled in while Lillard rests. Earl Watson and Will Barton helped spell starter Damian Lillard in Game 3. The Blazers took a brief 13-12 lead midway through the first quarter on Lillards step-back jumper. It was just their second lead of the series. But Parker pestered the Blazers and his finger-roll layup put the Spurs up 25-15. Marco Belinellis falling-down jumper pushed the lead to 28-17 before the first quarter was over. Parkers back-to-back 3-pointers gave the Spurs a 58-35 late first-half lead and they went into the break ahead 60-40. Portland rallied to start the second half, pulling to 64-52 after Nicolas Batums 3-pointer. He hit another 3 to narrow it to 68-60, but the Spurs kept the Blazers from coming any closer and led 83-69 going into the fourth. Parkers layup and free throw gave San Antonio a 100-81 lead in the fourth. Portland mounted a rally to get to 103-91 on Robin Lopezs layup with 5:46 left but it was too late. "Pop, you have to give him credit. He looked at the big picture, and rested me (the last month)," Parker said. "When we started the playoffs, he told me Be ready to play 37-38 minutes a game, were going to need you to play at your best. And so far its working." Portland advanced to the second round for the first time in 14 years by defeating the Houston Rockets in six games, clinching the series with Lillards amazing 3-pointer at the buzzer at home for a 99-98 victory in the deciding game. The Spurs have a 3-2 series advantage over Portland in the playoffs, sweeping the previous meeting in the 1999 conference finals. The teams split the regular-season series 2-2. NOTES: Before Game 2 in San Antonio, Blazers forward Thomas Robinson saw a snake in the locker room at the AT&T Center. Because the snake hissed, the team at first thought it was a rattlesnake, but it later turned out it was not venomous. So before Saturday nights game, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was asked if his team had seen any critters in the Moda Center: "We expected a Beaver but we didnt see one," he laughed. ... Tim Duncan moved past Karl Malone into fifth place all-time for career playoff points. He trails only Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille ONeal. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Message Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation