Questions Psy Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
e in his major league debut. "Welcom
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message e in his major league debut. "Welcom 
BALTIMORE -- Doesnt take much more than simple math to figure out Clay Buchholz has worked his way back and is ready for the playoffs. In four starts since a lengthy stint on the disabled list, Buchholzs pitch count has grown from 74 to 113, the last of those during Bostons 12-3 rout of the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. "Hes answered the physical question, for sure," Boston manager John Farrell said. Buchholz (12-1) allowed up three runs and seven hits in seven innings, and Daniel Nava and David Ortiz hit three-run homers for the Red Sox, who had an 8-0 lead by the third inning. Dustin Pedroia added three hits, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia had a three-run drive overturned in a video review. The win left the AL East champions needing one more win or a loss by Oakland to clinch the ALs best record. The Athletics won 8-2 at Seattle. Given a big lead before his first pitch, Buchholz rebounded from a loss to Toronto last weekend. A strained neck that cost him three months interrupted what has been a stellar season statistically. His ERA is 1.74, and hes 6-0 with a 1.40 ERA in seven road starts. Hes also 4-0 with a 1.74 ERA in his last four starts against Baltimore. "Its a good stepping stone," Buchholz said. "Im just glad the team could score all those runs. There wasnt a whole lot of stress in the outing today." That was probably for the best, given that Buchholzs routine was upset by the teams off day Thursday, when he said he basically slept all day. "My body felt a little lethargic tonight," he said. "I felt when I woke up this morning that it might be a grinding outing for me today, which I felt I needed, too. Anybody can go out there when you have your best stuff." Adam Jones two-run homer in the third was the first home run by a right-handed hitter off Buchholz this year. Buchholz also gave up Chris Davis major league-leading 53rd homer in the sixth. Scott Feldman (5-6) allowed eight runs and eight hits in 2 1-3 innings for the Orioles, who have lost seven of nine. "It wouldve been nice to finish up a little stronger heading to the off-season coming off a good game," Feldman said. "But the bottom line is, we all, everybody in here, wanted to make the playoffs and we didnt do it. Hopefully next year well get in there." Boston hit for the cycle as a team in the first, when Mike Napoli had an RBI double, Nava sent a first-pitch curveball in the right-field bleachers, and Stephen Drew hit an RBI triple. Saltalamacchias drive off Feldman in the third hit the top side of the cushion atop the right-field wall and caromed back onto the field. After the play Initially ruled a home run, umpires reviewed the video and gave Saltalamacchia a double that left two men on. Drew followed with a two-run single off Zach Britton. Ortiz hit his 30th homer in the eighth, the first batter faced by former Boston College pitcher Mike Belfiore in his major league debut. "Welcome to the big leagues," Ortiz said. "I heard hes from Boston, too." NOTES: Ortiz tied Ted Williams team record for 30-homer, 100-RBI seasons with seven. ... Davis homer was his 28th at home, breaking the previous franchise record set by Frank Robinson in Memorial Stadium in 1966. Davis was back in the lineup after missing one game with a sore right foot. An X-ray on Thursday showed nothing worrisome. "It was more about just letting me catch my breath," Davis said. ... Jones homer was his career-best 33rd, one more than last year. ... Red Sox OF Shane Victorino sat out with a nagging thumb injury. "Fully expect hell be in the lineup tomorrow," Farrell said. ... Napoli went 1 for 3 with two walks in his return to Bostons lineup after missing four games with a left foot injury, and CF Jacoby Ellsbury was 0 for 4 in his second game after missing 16 with a broken right foot. ... A handful of Red Sox players debuted a new slogan before the game, wearing red T-shirts that read: "3 lines, 2 Chainz, 1 goal." Christian Kirk Cardinals Jersey . Bowditch, the 30-year-old Australian seeking his first PGA Tour title, shot a 4-under 68 to reach 12 under at TPC San Antonio. Matt Kuchar and Andrew Loupe were tied for second. Kuchar shot 65, and Loupe had a 70. Josh Bynes Cardinals Jersey . The Heat centre scored 10 of his 30 points early in the first quarter to silence the Toronto fans as Miami defeated the Raptors 113-101 on Friday night. http://www.officialnflcardinalsgear.com/andre-smith-jersey/. -- Chris Jones and Louisville have done a tremendous job protecting the basketball this season and thats led to easy victories. Justin Pugh Cardinals Jersey . They showered him with "MVP! MVP!" chants. In many ways, it seemed like hed never been gone. Justin Pugh Jersey . They find themselves trying to knock each other out in the Western Conference finals for the second straight year. The Blackhawks prevailed last year on their way to the Stanley Cup, and they have the early lead this time after taking the opener, 3-1.SAN FRANCISCO - The Giants are planning their off-season around efforts to re-sign Pablo Sandoval.General manager Brian Sabean and his staff have told free-agent starting pitchers Jake Peavy and Ryan Vogelsong that the World Series champions need time to try to strike a deal with Sandoval before turning their attention to the mound or any other position. The Giants made a $15.3 million qualifying offer that the switch-hitting third baseman wont accept by Mondays deadline.Weve engaged, but Ill leave it at that, Sabean said Thursday. Were three days in, so thats the best answer I can give.Giants CEO Larry Baer said his teams payroll will go up after San Franciscos third title in five years and the club will do what it can to keep Sandoval. San Franciscos payroll was $164.7 million at the end of the regular season, the sixth-highest in the majors.The 28-year-old Sandoval batted .279 with 16 homers and 73 RBIs in 157 regular-season games and .366 in the post-season with seven doubles and five RBIs, including four during a seven-game World Series win against Kansas City.While the 2012 Series MVP has said he would like to finish his career with the Giants, he will have other suitors and plans to listen.We dont have a solution in house so it would have to come from the outside, Sabean said. Im not going to address anybody at this time other than Pablo; thats who were engaged with. It wouldnt be fair to the other guys.Sabean said the futures of left fielder Michael Morse, Peavy and Vogelsong are on the backburner until third base is resolved. Both Baer and Sabean said a resolution could take a while.Even speculating at how the Giants might look at left field is tough for Sabean in this firstt week of free agency.ddddddddddddWere exploring any place that we may have a hole, he said. I cant guarantee what were going to do with our pending free agents to be, nor will I understand the landscape more until Pablos resolved. Having said that, if something jumps up, were prepared to react, bring it to Larry and make a quick decision.The Giants have expressed interest in other players who could become available to fill voids on the roster.When asked whether he might consider a hometown discount, Sandoval said: I dont want to talk about that. Its not my job. Ive got an agent. He focuses on that. When hes got a deal right, I just want to talk about it.Sandoval has appreciated seeing the Giants brass keep other key members of the team, such as signing catcher Buster Posey and World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner and right-hander Matt Cain to long-term deals.Id love to be here, Sandoval said after Fridays victory parade.The Giants hope the Venezuelan star stays loyal to the franchise that signed him as an amateur free agent in 2003.Weve put out feelers all over the board with our options, whether its other free agents or trade interest, Sabean said. But obviously Pablos the heavy lifting and that also meets the budget, too.While its unclear whether Peavy or Vogelsong will return, manager Bruce Bochy said struggling right-hander Tim Lincecum — barely used in the recent post-season run — will be back in the rotation come spring training. Lincecum signed a $35 million, two-year contract last October. He pitched his second no-hitter in 11 months on June 25 against San Diego.I see him going back in the rotation. We have a need there, I think thats fair to say, Bochy said. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Message Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation