Questions Psy Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1
point," he said. "Were having a hard time getti
Auteur Message
Répondre en citant
Message point," he said. "Were having a hard time getti 
CHICAGO -- When St. Louis Cardinals Mike Matheny visited the mound with two out and two on in the seventh inning on Sunday, he had no idea whether he was going to replace starter Adam Wainwright. "I was good to go either way," Matheny said. "I needed to look in his eyes and not hear what he says but see how he says it. Im kind of watching his mannerisms and then I give him a chance to say what he needs to say." Matheny liked what he heard (and saw) and returned to the dugout. Wainwright then got Nate Schierholtz to ground out to complete a strong outing. The right-hander pitched seven scoreless innings and Matt Holliday hit a solo homer to lead the Cardinals to a 1-0 victory and a series win over the Chicago Cubs. Wainwright (13-5) allowed five hits and walked three during his seven innings to take over the Major League lead in wins. It was a far cry from his previous outing when he allowed six runs (four earned) in 4 2-3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays last Tuesday. "The results usually follow my delivery," Wainwright said. "When I control my delivery -- I told you I was gonna get things under wraps -- and get my arm in the right spot, success was following that. "They hit some balls hard, but we played some great defence and made some pitches when we needed to." Matheny had no doubts and said he expected a bounce-back effort before the game. "I dont think thats much of a reach when youre talking about one of the best pitchers in the game," the manager said. "Hes been so consistent. When you have those days, I guess thats a reminder of hard it is to do what he does at the level that he does it. "It was a big game for us. We needed it to happen and he did everything he could." Kevin Siegrist worked the eighth and Trevor Rosenthal pitched the ninth for his 32nd save in 36 chances. Cubs rookie Kyle Hendricks (1-1) allowed just one run on seven hits in 6 1-3 innings. "He works quick," Chicago first baseman Anthony Rizzo said of Hendricks. "The groundballs are nice. The double plays are nice. Its all we can ask from him really, especially two days now where, both games at home, not good days to pitch at Wrigley. He did a really nice job." With the wind blowing out to right field, the conditions seemed ideal for a classic Wrigley Field slugfest -- a feeling seemingly confirmed when Holliday, the third batter of the game, lifted a drive to centre field that landed in the batters eye for a solo homer and a 1-0 Cardinals lead. But thats where the score stayed as the starters took control. The only time Hendricks was close to giving up a run after the first inning came after he was lifted in the seventh inning with a runner on first base and one out. Left-hander Wesley Wright loaded the bases with two out, but got Wainwright to line out softly to first base. Even though a base hit would have broken the game open, Matheny never considered pinch hitting with Wainwright having only thrown 83 pitches to that point. "Its all about pitching at that point," he said. "Were having a hard time getting something going offensively and we can roll the dice -- we have a live bullpen -- but weve got one of the best pitchers in the league on the mound. To me, especially with what his pitch count was, I want him going back on the mound." When asked how long the list is of pitchers he let hit there, Matheny said: "Very short. Maybe one on that list." NOTES: As part of the 100th anniversary celebration of Wrigley Field, both teams wore replica uniforms from 1978. The Cardinals uniforms were only slightly different than ones from today (no belts and pullover jerseys being the main change), but the Cubs wore powder blue pinstripes, which were the road uniforms then. ... The Cardinals are off on Monday, while the Cubs begin a four-game home series with the Colorado Rockies, with LHP Tsuyoshi Wada (0-1, 5.00) facing LHP Yohan Flande (0-2, 7.20). JMon Moore Packers Jersey .Fiji striker Roy Krishna scored in the 14th minute to give Wellington its fourth win, along with a draw, from its past five matches, putting the Phoenix fourth but only a point behind third-placed Adelaide. Custom Packers Jerseys . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. http://www.packersproshopfootball.com/Youth-Jaire-Alexander-Elite-Jersey/.c… - It may just be the right place and the right opponent for the Detroit Red Wings to snap their longest losing streak of the season. Josh Jackson Packers Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon: Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with . Jaire Alexander Packers Jersey . -- Once again, Carlos Santana was a huge hit in Kansas City. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Nelson Cruz put on quite a show on Sunday. Cruz hit his second homer of the game in the 11th inning and drove in seven runs, and the AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles avoided a three-game sweep with a 7-5 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays. "Nelson has been spoiling us at a high level all year as a teammate and a player," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. After Nick Hundley drew a one-walk in the 11th, Cruz drove the next pitch from Cesar Ramos (2-6) over the wall in centre for his 39th homer. Cruz has 101 RBIs this season. Baltimore trailed 4-2 before Cruzs bases-loaded triple against Joel Peralta in the ninth. Tampa Bay tied it at 5 in the bottom half on pinch-hitter Sean Rodriguezs run-scoring grounder off closer Zach Britton. Brad Brach (6-1) worked a scoreless 10th before Andrew Miller got three outs for his first save. Baltimore increased its margin in the division to 9 1/2 games over the New York Yankees, who lost 2-0 to Kansas City. "It wasnt a pretty victory but we got it done and thats the important thing," Cruz said. "You dont want to think about the standings too much but we are in pretty good shape and we just have to remain focused." Evan Longoria, James Loney, David DeJesus and Kevin Kiermaier homered for the Rays. Tampa Bay had gone deep three times in its previous 15 games. The Rays went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. Orioles outfielders Adam Jones and Nick Markakis were out of the starting lineup, receiving a break from the artificial turf at Tropicana Field. Shortstop J.J. Hardy missed his second consecutive game due to back spasms. Jones had a pinch-hit single in the ninth. Longoria and Loney hit consecutive hhomers off Bud Norris in the first.dddddddddddd Longoria has 39 RBIs in 47 games since the All-Star break. DeJesus made it 3-0 with his fourth career inside-the park homer during the fourth. Left fielder Alejandro De Aza had the ball knocked out of his glove when centre fielder David Lough ran into his teammates arm. The ball ended up around the foul line, which allowed DeJesus to easily reach home. Norris gave four runs and eight hits in six innings. Cruzs two-run shot off Jeremy Hellickson made it 3-2 in the sixth. Hellickson allowed two runs and four hits over 5 1-3 innings. "It does feel like a lot of our losses came like this," Hellickson said. Tampa Bay has lost 14 of 22 since reaching .500 after dropping 18 games under the break-even mark. The Rays went ahead 4-2 on Kiermaiers sixth-inning homer. TRAINERS ROOM Orioles: Hardy expects to play in Monday nights game at Boston. Rays: CF Desmond Jennings (sore left knee) might miss the rest of the season. The outfielder missed his 10th straight game. ... SS Yunel Escobar was out of the lineup due to flu-like symptoms. CRUISIN CRUZ Cruz is the first Baltimore player with seven RBIs in a game since Luke Scott against Seattle on July 7, 2009. He is the first player with at least seven RBIs to account for all of his teams RBIs since Colorados Jason Giambi on May 19, 2011, at Philadelphia. In 18 previous games against the Rays this season, Cruz had two homers and seven RBIs. UP NEXT Orioles: RHP Miguel Gonzalez (8-7) and Boston RHP Joe Kelly (1-1) are the scheduled starters Monday night. Rays: After an off day, RHP Chris Archer (8- is scheduled to go against New York RHP Hiroki Kuroda (10- on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Message Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Répondre au sujet Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation